Friday, September 13, 2013

The proposal ❤

Here's our engagement story as promised :) 

April 2, 2010 - It was conference weekend in Salt Lake City and we were spending the weekend there with my family. This was the first time Tyler had come with us. We usually stay at the Little America Hotel, shop, swim, and go see the temple at night all lit up. 

It was Friday night and we were at dinner with my family. At dinner my dad mentioned that he probably wasn't going to be going with to see the temple and that Tyler and I had better go alone. (Nice cover right? ;) 

Now, I knew Tyler was gonna propose soon. We picked out the ring together. I knew he had it. I was just waiting for it to happen. 

We get on the Sandy train and headed for Temple Square. It's 10:00. Tyler walks me over to the fountain on the south side of the temple and we sit on the side of it and chit chat for a minute. Then he pulls out this black book from inside his cost and starts reading it to me. 

On each page of this book is a charm to go on a bracelet that's on the first page of the book and a little saying to go along each one. For example: a heart charm to represent Tyler's love for me, a temple to represent the Eternal love we share each other and the place where we can be sealed together forever with our family...etc. 

It was the cutest thing ever. After he read each page he'd take the charm off and attach it to the bracelet. 

So there's only one page left, and what do ya know a guard comes over to us and says "it's 10:30 and we are locking the gates. You guys need to leave." Tyler says, well, almost begged to the guard "please just 5 more minutes and then we will leave." (At this point I had a pretty good idea what was on that last page ;)

Tyler turns the page and there it is. My sparkling ring. The caption read something along these lines; "our love is like this ring, perfect and never ending."

     (Ps. This is not the ring he proposed with. It had a few issues so we took it back and got this lovely and few days after. )

He got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. And I said through tears if pure joy, yes! :)

We looked up and the guard and a few other people were clapping and congratulating us. It was so perfect and my heart was so full of joy. ❤

Unfortunately the photos we took at temple square that night are on Tyler's camera so I can't share them :( but ill share a few of our engagements since we are so cute :)










Next post to come will be our lovely wedding day!! Stay tuned!! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment