Tuesday, October 22, 2013

4th of July | year 2012

So I've been wanting to jot down my memories and thoughts of my pregnancy with Calvin for a while now and haven't because I didn't know how to fuse 40 weeks of information into one blog post... So it'll probably be a couple of them. I'm going to try and Not make a novel out of this. But I'm not makin any promises :).  Here lies a very special 40 weeks of my life. 

Ps. Small disclaimer... If you are under the age of... Well... Mature... Then you may not want to read this post :)

Let's start with the 4th of July in 2012 how bout? I woke up from a nightmare that morning where I had started my period. When you have been trying to conceive for 4 months already with no luck, those types of dreams become nightmares. I was 2 days late already, which was a good sign but I had also been 3 days late the month before with a negative pregnancy test. Normally I'm never late... Only when I don't want to be. Lucky me ;) 

I had been pregnant before and miscarried at almost 12 weeks. That time we got pregnant in the first month so it was really hard for it to be taking so long this time. But It was indeed tragic, losing our baby. And maybe someday ill blog about how awful it was. But not on this particular day. 

Anywho, I knew what it was supposed to feel like in the first days of being pregnant, because I had been there before, and I did indeed feel like it! Tender boobs, emotions all over the place, and being late. So far so good. But I didn't have a pregnancy test and I didn't want to go to the store to get one because it was a Holliday. I avoid the store at all costs on holidays. Plus I didn't want to be disappointed on the 4th of July! So Tyler and I went about our day. 

When my parents left for a vacation that morning and I was so worried they were going to crash their car and die that I had to drive clear across town to see them before they left, I knew I needed to take a test. I was being a little ridiculous. So I got home, told Tyler I needed to take one. At the time we lived next to our good friends Travis and Megan Martin and I knew she had a test, so I texted her and asked if I could borrow it haha. She was over in ten seconds literally already opening it for me I bet! 

I had taken a million of them by this point. But I was so nervous I had her and Tyler yelling instructions at me. "Point it down" and "turn it the other way" were yelled at me. Well I finally did it, left it on the counter and turned to Tyler with my heart racing. I took a quick peek and it was turning!! Turning into one line!! And then a SECOND LINE!! What we had there on that counter was a positive pregnancy test. We. Were. Thrilled. Months of being devastated, a D&C, and 4 months of trying. We had finally started over again. I wept tears of P U R E joy on Tyler's shoulder (well more like rib cage... He's a foot taller than me haha) and we were so happy. This was the start of a very special journey for us ❤️. 

                 Here ya have it :)

 Later that night watching fireworks. Nothing but happiness on our faces :)

No comments:

Post a Comment