Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What have we been up to lately?

October was so good to us this year. For sure my favorite part of the year. Perfect fall weather. And Halloween! We had so much fun with family and friends this last month! We are sad to see it go but thanksgiving and Christmas are always fun too!

We went to a few haunted attractions with a few friends this last month. The first one we went to was a haunted straw maze in between Rigby and rexburg. We went with my sister and her family and couple friends of ours. We also went to Dr. Slaughters with our friends Travis and Megan Martin! Our first time ever! I'm such a chicken and hid behind Tyler and closed my eyes at least half of the time. My husband is 6.7 and is also a chicken... We make him go in front we we can also get a good laugh haha!

Halloween was a complete success this year as it was Calvin's first and our first year spending it as a family :) I picked out Calvin's costume in late September. My mom and I found it at Costco, it's a cute little elephant. It was still huge on him so I was hoping that during the next month he would grow I to it! Which he did and he was the cutest little elephant ever!


Being how it was out first Halloween as a family, we HAD to dress up. It was so fun dressing up together! Tyler and I were safari hunters and Calvin was our catch of the day ;) 


We went trick or treating to a few houses, hung out with friends and family and called it a night. A definite success.

Now that it's November that means that Calvin is now 8 months! And almost 9 in a couple weeks! Where is the time going!? Flying away from me as fast as it can :(


At 8 months Calvin can say "dada" and does a million times a day. We are still working on momma... It will come haha. He also can take little steps on his own when he wants to! I'm hoping the walking will be at least a month or two away still haha. But we are still encouraging non the less! He eats every time we eat. If we are eating something he will yell at us until we share with him. But he's so cute how could we not!? He eats a 3 oz. bottle every hour and half to two hours. He still spits up at least once after every bottle, but it is diminishing as he grows! Calvin is the fastest crawler I've seen. He gets from point a to point b before I have time to blink! It's hard trying to be one step ahead of him all the time. He is still the happiest and funniest baby I've ever met. He is only sad when he's tired or hungry. Yes of course he still whines about little things but it's very seldom. I love not having a grouchy baby and I count my blessings every day. He still wakes up once a night for a bottle but other than that if he wakes up we let him whine himself back to sleep. Which only takes about two minutes luckily. He takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap, each about two hours. His favorites are still taking baths, eating an being outside haha. I don't know if it will ever change. He is at such a fun age and we love evey minute of being with him! 



Did I mentioned we finally found an apartment!? Well we did! We moved out of my parents and Into our duplex apartment on park in Pocatello! It so nice finally being able to use my furniture and to have our own place. It's been almost 7 months since we moved to Texas (how in the heck!?) and all of our stuff has been in storage with the spiders ever since. There are no stairs in our apartment so Calvin is free to roam about the ship as he chooses, which he loves. As do I. We are right in the middle of town so it's nice! We are also close to a few friends! I think we are going to love it here.

The hard working moving crew in our bath tub haha (minus a couple others)


Well in other news, the Hunger Games Catching Fire comes out this week! Tyler and I and few friends I believe are going to the premier! It's always a good time. Catching Fire was my favorite book of the trilogy so I'm hoping the movie won't disappoint! 

Hope everyone has a good week! :)

2 comments:

  1. dude i thought the pic of everyone in the tub was old cause tyler's hairs are so long!! but anywho....i, too am going to the premier of catching fire! can't wait. we are going here in idaho falls though to the 8 o clock show. pretty pumped!! and i am just gonna say that i think calvin is like the most photogenic baby ever. he's always so smiley! so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. morg...im just barely seeing this reply haha sorry. yea tyler is being a punk these days and wont let me cut his hair till new years! its killing me. but yea i was glad that they had started having an 8 o clock showing too! hopefully they keep doing that with all the new movies. And thank you! he is pretty smiley all the time haha. hes a big goof ball!

      Delete